Thursday 3 February, 2011

RrrroarrrrrRRRrR?

In India I come across so many animals every day that I probably would stop noticing them. But they always find a way to attract my attention. A monkey family sitting on the roof of a car, sharing a pack of cookies. Birds doing an indescribable performance under the evening sky. A fluffy dog sleeping next to a small rocking horse. A puppy trying to play with a cow. Goats in coats. Dokeys running and jumping down the street.
Most of the times I don't have my camera with me. Sometimes I do. Here are the results:



 Somehow I don't get the relation between Indians and animals. It is no problem if a street dog or a goat is sleeping on someone's bed. But then sometimes they randomly throw stones at them. And why the hell are so many goats wearing shirts? I saw this in Bundi a lot. Is this some kind of prank? Does this protect the goat from something? Is this to show the beloning to it's owner? Maybe one of the Indian readers could leave a comment on this plz :)


 Find the animal on this picture!

 Monkey mom & child at NID middle gate. 

 Refuse collections service. Somehow it is practical, but then the cow swallows plastic bags that don't pass the pansen and fill it until there is no space for food. In the end the cow starves although she gets enough food. Plus all the toxines go into the meat. ...which isn't reaaally a problem because cow meat is super hard to find over here. I don't really miss it.



 There are so many peacocks on the campus and they make the weirdest sounds ever. Sometimes it sounds like honking and you don't realize it's actually a peacock making this noise.


This cow was almost standing inside the milk shop. Maybe she had to deliver something. But isn't she beautiful? I am really in love with the cows, the way they take part in the streetlife and their self-confidence. They are so massive, no one would cross the line of a walking cow, neither pedestrians nor cars/rickshaws (plus they have these giant horns!). Only when they steal vegetables people get quite resolute^^

  Last but not least: The birds. They seem to be migrant birds, so someone told me. There are sooo many of them! Its crazy! And pretty dangerous, because they poo A LOT!

There will be a video I've taken of the birds. But I have to find the right music and this is taking aages!

No comments:

Post a Comment